Roche set for return against Wigan Warriors Women
SL.Rd13. Rhinos v Trinity.Fri20thMay2022. © MATTHEW MERRICK PHOTOGRAPHY
Leeds Rhinos Women face their second consecutive game against Wigan Warriors this Thursday at Headingley when the Rhinos kick off a double night of rugby at Headingley stadium at 5.30pm.
The Rhinos won the last fixture 48-12 against Kris Ratcliffe’s side and this Thursday they have chance to make it three victories on the bounce.
The Rhinos welcome back Georgia Roche from injury but are without their captain Courtney Winfield-Hill who is unavailable for this fixture due to work commitments. Tara Moxon is in the squad and could make her first Super League appearance of the season.
1. Caitlin Beevers sponsored by Systech IT Solutions
2. Tara Moxon sponsored by Leeds Rhinos Player Association
3. Sophie Robinson
4. Fran Goldthorp sponsored by PICKUPS SELF STORAGE
5. Sophie Nuttall sponsored by AC Auto Locksmiths
6. Georgia Roche sponsored by G. Swailes Painter & Decorator
8. Aimee Staveley sponsored by Countrywide Fans of Leeds Rhinos Women
9. Keara Bennett sponsored by Harris Creative
10. Dannielle Anderson sponsored by Age Partnership
11. Chloe Kerrigan
13. Hanna Butcher sponsored by Leeds Trinity University
15. Zoe Hornby
16. Orla McCallion
17. Tasha Gaines
18. Sam Hulme
20. Emma Lumley sponsored by Movement Coach
24. Adaoha Akwiwu
25. Beth Lockwood sponsored by The Resin Mill
26. Alex Barnes
Following her return to action last week, Sophie Nuttall needs ten points to reach 50 points in her Betfred Women’s Super League career.
She was a try scorer against Wigan in the Play Offs last year and will be aiming to be back on the scoresheet in Thursday’s match.
The versatile Hanna Butcher is four points shy of surpassing 100 points for the Rhinos.
As one of the Rhinos’ inaugural squad members and the club’s joint-leading appearance maker, she has accumulated 94 points over four years with 20 tries and seven goals.
Following her three try performance against Wigan last time out, forward Zoe Hornby moved to within ten points of reaching 50 points for the club.
Having joined Leeds only a year ago, Hornby has wasted no time in scoring tries as she has ten in 19 appearances. Seven of those have come during this season.
Another member of the Leeds’ first ever Super League squad Tasha Gaines needs four points to reach her century of Rhinos points.
Both a try scorer and goal kicker, she has scored 13 tries and kicked 22 goals during her four years in blue and amber, including three tries this year.
Skipper Courtney Winfield-Hill needs four goals at Headingley to take her Rhinos career total to 200.
Now in her fourth season with the club, Winfield-Hill kicked the most goals during her first season in blue and amber (63 in 2018) and this year, she currently has 32 goals.
Thursday’s game is part of a special double header at Headingley that sees Leeds Rhinos Women take on Wigan Warriors Women at 5:30pm, before the men’s sides clash at 8pm.
For fans that have already purchased tickets for the game, the Women’s game is included. If you’re yet to buy tickets, here is how you can:
- Online at tickets.therhinos.co.uk (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Over the phone on 0371 423 1315 (Monday – Friday, Opening Hours: 10.30am-3.30pm)
- In person at the Club Shop at Headingley Stadium (Monday – Saturday, Opening Hours: 10am-4pm)
For more information, click here.