Forsell names Rhinos Women’s squad for Grand Final
Lois Forsell has named her squad for this Sunday’s Betfred Women’s Grand Final against St Helens Women at Emerald Headingley, kick off 3pm.
Amy Johnson returns to the 19 after being ruled out for the last six games and Lucy Murray who missed the semi final also is named in the squad. The young second row who graduated from the Academy this season has made seven appearances for the team this season.
Eloise Hayward, who picked up an injury against York City Knights in the play offs has not recovered in time for the Final. She joins Tara Moxon, Paige Webster, Dannielle Anderson, Adahoa Akwiwu and Shannon Lacey who are all unavailable through injury.
Courtney Winfield-Hill will captain her team in the Grand Final for the second time and is hoping her team can retain the trophy they won in the last final in 2019. This will be the first Grand Final for St Helens who are aiming to clinch the treble after winning the Challenge Cup and League Leaders Shield.
The team in full is:
1. Caitlin Beevers sponsored by Systech IT Solutions
3. Sophie Robinson sponsored by Shakas
4. Chloe Kerrigan sponsored by Tough Cookie Training
5. Fran Goldthorp sponsored by PICKUPS SELF STORAGE
6. Hanna Butcher sponsored by AJ Structural Steels Ltd
7. Courtney Winfield-Hill sponsored by KBW Chambers
8. Amy Johnson sponsored by Eric Johnson of Northwich Ltd
9. Keara Bennett
11. Aimee Staveley sponsored by Countrywide Fans of Leeds Rhinos Women
12. Elle Frain sponsored by Riva Holmes
13. Sophie Nuttall sponsored by AC Auto Locksmiths
15. Danika Priim sponsored by G. Swailes Painter & Decorator
17. Tasha Gaines sponsored by Doe Bakehouse
18. Sam Hulme sponsored by Oatein
20. Lucy Murray sponsored by Leeds Trinity University
23. Orla McCallion
25. Zoe Hornby sponsored by The Rose Inn Rock Club
26. Beth Lockwood
28. Elychia Watson
This is the second time the teams have met this season, although only the first time in the Women’s Super League competition. The teams last played each other in the Challenge Cup semi-final back in May, when despite tries from Fran Goldthorp and Orla McCallion Saint secured the 20-12 win.
Women’s Super League Milestones
Sophie Robinson needs 8 points to reach 100 WSL points
Caitlin Beevers needs six points to hit 100 WSL points
Fran Goldthorp needs eight points to hit 100 WSL points
Sophie Nuttall needs ten points to hit 50 WSL points
Leeds Rhinos Milestones
Sophie Robinson needs four points to reach 100 Rhinos points
Elle Frain needs six points to reach 50 Rhinos points
Tara Moxon needs ten points to reach 50 Rhinos points
2021 (all competitions)
1. Fran Goldthorp (20)
2. Tara Moxon (10)
3. Caitlin Beevers (9)
4. Hanna Butcher/Courtney Winfield-Hill (7)
5. Sophie Robinson, Chloe Kerrigan, Elle Frain, (5)
Courtney Winfield-Hill (48)
Tasha Gaines (7)
Record v Wigan
2021 (H): Rhinos 0 Saints 24 (MATCH NOT PLAYED – WIN AWARDED TO ST HELENS)
2019 (WSL SEMI FINAL): Saints 14 Rhinos 18 (T: Booth, Winfield-Hill, Eatock (2); G: Winfield-Hill (1))
2019 (A): Saints 20 Rhinos 20 (T: Beevers (2), Winfield-Hill, Goldthorp; G: Winfield-Hill (2))
2019 (H): Rhinos 16 Saints 30 (T: Winfield-Hill (2), Lacey; G: Winfield-Hill (2))
2018 (H): Rhinos 12 Saints 6 (T: Forsell, Kerrigan; G: Winfield-Hill (2))
2018 (A): Saints 20 Rhinos 14 (T: Butcher, Forsell, S.Hill; G: Winfield-Hill (1))
Watch live at Emerald Headingley
Sunday’s game is part of a double header of Women’s Super League action with Featherstone Rovers taking on Huddersfield Giants in the first ever Betfred Women’s Super League Shield Final at 12pm, followed by the main event, the Betfred Women’s Super League Grand Final at 3pm. Be there to cheer on all the teams for what’s sure to be a thrilling day of Rugby League action.
Tickets are now on sale for the Betfred Women’s Super League Grand Final at Emerald Headingley Stadium on Sunday 10 October (KO 3pm).
Tickets for this finals double-header are available to buy now, priced £10 Adults and £5 U16s, via the RFL website. Seating is unreserved and fans can choose between the seated East Stand or standing in the North Stand.