Job Opportunity: Leeds Rhinos Netball Superleague Director of Netball
WAKEFIELD, ENGLAND - FEBRUARY 15: X during the Vitality Netball Superleague match between Leeds Rhinos and Saracens Mavericks at Studio 001 on February 15, 2021 in Wakefield, England. (Photo by Jan Kruger/Getty Images for Vitality Netball Superleague)
Leeds Rhinos Netball are recruiting for the new Director of Netball for their Vitality Netball Superleague franchise.
Leeds Rhinos Netball Superleague Director of Netball
Leeds Rhinos Netball
Leeds Rugby Academy
Competitive for 40 hours (flexible hours according to training and match schedule)
Type of Contract
2 year minimum term – Reviewed after year 1.
These are exciting times for Leeds Rhinos Netball. After our inaugural season in 2021 we are looking to continue our growth and reputation for excellence on and off the court. The off season will see us plan and prepare for the 2022 season with the Director of Netball being a vital leadership role within this period providing the netball expertise to deliver the best possible Superleague programme and pathway.
“Ready to charge” – we want a very experienced coach, with great netball vision, someone hardworking and determined, to work with the rest of the Netball community and within the broader context of Leeds Rhinos to help professionalise and commercialise the game.
Reporting to the Franchise Director, and leading other key members of the team, you will be responsible for:
- A robust recruitment plan and lead preparation for a VNSL squad that builds on the inaugural season’s squad.
- Coaching strategy, approach and supporting performance coach development, and positional expertise.
- Oversee and set the technical direction for the VNSL team, including the wrap around support for the team, as well as overseeing and inputting to the pathway for the longer term throughput of players.
- Input into the Leeds Rhinos Netball strategic direction and business plan, including community and commercial aspects as well as the ambassadorial role. With key colleagues and the franchise director, deliver the ambitions of the business plan across Superleague, Pathway and Community, bringing ideas and innovation and key relationships to help with business development.
- Work with the Leeds Rhinos team to build upon the high-performance strategy & culture developed in the inaugural season and in the context of the Rhinos DNA.
- Maximise the opportunities for positive public profile of Leeds Rhinos netball, England Netball ,netball more broadly in Yorkshire and the Rhinos Club and Foundation.
- Support colleagues in attracting commercial income and opportunities to Leeds Rhinos Netball
- Work with the wider team to develop and deliver Leeds Rhinos Netball Roadshows both athlete and coach development programmes, as just one way to engage new fans
- Explore cross sport opportunities with Leeds Rhinos Rugby League to provide mutually beneficial profile
PERSON SPECIFICATION (E – essential, D – desirable)
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of coaching netball within a performance environment at elite level eg VNSL, SSN or international. (E)
- A degree in coaching / sports science (D)
- Experience of leading or assisting a senior team in national competition (E)
- Broad knowledge and experience of working in collaboration with a sports science department and other multi-disciplinary support services (E)
- UKCC Level 3 / Equivalent or above (D)
- Experience of submitting bids and audits against criteria for successful entry into the league (D)
- Ability and experience in coaching a senior group of players (E)
- Excellent and demonstrable athlete management and development skills, and an ability to inspire, build trust and create a positive team culture (E)
- Excellent communication and people skills. (E)
- A proven understanding of performance sport and the role of a coach within a high-performance environment. (E)
- Experience of leading a multi-disciplinary team (D)
- Ability to articulate in a concise and meaningful manner tactical changes and technical improvements to athletes in a pressurised situation. (E)
- Ability to lead and work in a team (E)
- Experience of planning and implementing a successful high performance programme (E)
- Knowledge of Sports Code, ethics and performance analysis (E)
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of all athletes (E)
- Ability to set and evaluate group and individual goals (E)
- Organised and efficient with IT, highly effective with social media and competent with necessary administration (E)
Benefits (to be negotiated for the right candidate)
To apply please send your C.V and covering letter, with a reference contact, explaining why you think you are suitable for the role to [email protected] by Monday 6th September at 5pm. Interviews will take place week commencing the 13th September at Emerald Headingley Stadium or Virtually if required.