Rhinos Women name side to face Tigers
Picture by Ed Sykes/SWpix.com - 18/04/2021 - Rugby League - Betfred Womens Super League Round 1 - Leeds Rhinos v York City Knights - Sport Park Weetwood, Leeds, England - Leeds Rhinos’ Aimee Staveley
Leeds Rhinos Women play their first Play Off game this Saturday against Castleford Tigers Women at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle, kick off 4.15pm.
The game comes 40 days since the Rhinos team were last in action in the 28-6 win against Wigan Warriors, with their last game against Giants cancelled before an extended mid season break.
It will be the first time the teams have played each other since the 2019 Betfred Women’s Super League Grand Final which the Rhinos won 24-10 and the seventh fixture between the two West Yorkshire rivals. In previous encounters the Rhinos have won four times, including the two Grand Final wins in 2018 and 2019 and the Tigers have notched up two victories.
Lois Forsell’s squad for Saturday includes Sophie Nuttall for the first time since the second game of the season against Featherstone Rovers. Top try scorer Fran Goldthorp will be aiming to continue her impressive scoring run after scoring twelve tries in the last tries in the team’s last five Super League games. Sam Hulme returns for her first league game since the win over Bradford Bulls and Beth Lockwood comes into the team and could be set to play in her first game of the season.
Ellie Oldroyd and Amy Johnson both miss out with injuries and Dannielle Anderson, Adahoa Akwiwu and Shannon Lacey are still unavailable with long term injuries.
Women’s Super League Milestones
Sophie Robinson needs 12 points to reach 100 WSL points
Caitlin Beevers needs six points to hit 100 WSL points
Leeds Rhinos Milestones
Sophie Robinson needs eight points to reach 100 Rhinos points
Elle Frain needs six points to reach 50 Rhinos points
1. Fran Goldthorp (17)
2. Caitlin Beevers (9)
3. Tara Moxon (9)
4. Hanna Butcher (6)
5. Chloe Kerrigan/Elle Frain (5)
Courtney Winfield-Hill (38)
Tasha Gaines (7)
The team in full is:
1. Caitlin Beevers sponsored by Systech IT Solutions
2. Tara Moxon sponsored by Leeds Rhinos Player Association
3.Sophie Robinson sponsored by Shakas
4. Chloe Kerrigan sponsored by Tough Cookie Training
5. Fran Goldthorp sponsored by PICKUPS SELF STORAGE
6. Hanna Butcher sponsored by AJ Structural Steels Ltd
7. Courntey Winfield-Hill sponsored by KBW Chambers
9. Kerea Bennett
11. Elle Frain sponsored by Riva Homes
12. Aimee Stavley sponsored by Countrywide Fans of Leeds Rhinos Women
13. Sophie Nuttall sponsored by AC Auto Locksmiths
15. Danika Priim sponsored by G. Swailes Painter & Decorator
17. Tasha Gaines sponsored by Doe Bakehouse
18. Sam Hulme sponsored by Oatein
20. Lucy Murray sponsored by Leeds Trinity University
21. Ella Johnson sponsored by SES Tiling
25. Zoe Hornby sponsored by The Rose Inn Rock Club
26. Beth Lockwood
27. Eloise Hayward
Leeds Rhinos Women return to action this Saturday against local rivals and their 2019 Grand Final opponents Castleford Tigers at the Mend-a-Hose Jungle and the game will be part of a double header with the Betfred Men’s Super League game between Castleford and Wakefield Trinity kicking off at 7pm.
KEY INFORMATION FOR ENTRY TO CASTLEFORD WOMEN VS LEEDS WOMEN
- Supporters wishing to watch the Women’s match will be able to do so from 3.45pm onwards, this will be in the Wheldon Road End and the adjoining open corner linked with the Main Stand if standing or sat in the Main Stand itself if fans are seated Season Tickets holders.
- Fans must enter the ground through Turnstile 1 which is near the Stadium Store on Wheldon Road, or through the entrance at the back of the Main Stand by the training field.
- When the stadium opens to welcome full capacity at 5.30pm, free movement will be allowed in the ground.
To buy tickets for the game CLICK HERE
The match will also be streamed live on the RFL’s Twitch channel