Leeds Rhinos Women name squad to face Bradford in Betfred Challenge Cup quarter final
Leeds Rhinos Women begin their defence of their Betfred Challenge Cup title this Sunday against local rivals Bradford Bulls at the Mobile Rocket Stadium, kick off 3pm.
Assistant Coaches Anthony and David Gibbons have seen their team make a winning start to the season with big wins in the league against York City Knights and Featherstone Rovers, but this week their attention turns to the Cup which they have twice helped coach the Rhinos to victory in.
Caitlin Beevers who was a try scorer in the 2019 Challenge Cup Final win, will be aiming to continue her impressive run in the Cup. The full back has scored in every Challenge Cup she has played in since 2018 and is two points away from 50 Challenge Cup points.
Chloe Kerrigan, who was a try scorer in last week’s win against Featherstone needs six points to reach 50 points for her club and Courtney Winfield-Hill who scored her 250th Super League point last week is just 24 points away from recording her 400th career point for the Rhinos.
Tasha Gaines is named in the squad for the first time this season and Academy player Ellena Powell comes back into the squad, whilst Sophie Nuttall and Sam Hulme miss out on the 19.
In 2019 Leeds recorded two wins over Bradford Bulls, first up a 18-6 away win, followed by a 22-4 win at home which saw two tries from Winfield-Hill.
Follow on Twitter
Keep an eye on the game on Sunday via our official Twitter account. Highlights will be uploaded to YouTube next week.
The squad in full is
1. Caitlin Beevers sponsored by Systech IT Solutions
2. Tara Moxon sponsored by Leeds Rhinos Player Association
3. Sophie Robinson sponsored by Shakas
4. Chloe Kerrigan sponsored by Tough Cookie Training
5. Fran Goldthorp sponsored by PICKUPS SELF STORAGE
6. Hanna Butcher
7. Courtney Winfield-Hill sponsored by Steven Jackson
8. Amy Johnson sponsored by Eric Johnson of Northwich Ltd
11. Aimee Staveley sponsored by Countrywide Fans of Leeds Rhinos Women
12. Elle Frain sponsored by Steven Jackson
15. Danika Priim sponsored by G.Swailes Painter & Decorator
16. Ellie Oldroyd sponsored by AAK Electrical
17. Tasha Gaines
19. Ellena Powell sponsored by KBW Chambers
20. Lucy Murray sponsored by Leeds Trinity University
21. Ella Johnson
23. Orla McCallion
24. Adaoha Akwiwu
25. Zoe Hornby
The Betfred Women’s Challenge Cup Quarter Finals are being played on Sunday (May 9). The draw will be conducted at the Mobile Rocket Stadium in Wakefield by the former Hull FC and Hull KR stand-off Paul Cooke, and streamed live on TheSportsman.com, after their coverage of the tie between York City Knights and Wigan Warriors which kicks off at midday.
The ball numbers for the Semi Finals will be as follows:
1 – Leeds Rhinos or Bradford Bulls
2 – St Helens or Featherstone Rovers
3 – Warrington Wolves or Castleford Tigers
4 – York City Knights or Wigan Warriors
The Semi Finals will be played on Saturday May 22, with the Final on Saturday June 5 (see above).