Quiz of the Season: 2020 Coral Challenge Cup
Our 2020 end of season quizzes continue as we test your knowledge of the Rhinos’ journey to Wembley in 2020 and how they lifted the Coral Challenge Cup against Salford Red Devils.
See how many you get correct here…
1. Who kicked the winning drop goal to help Leeds lift the Cup against Salford?
Captaining the side, Luke Gale's drop goal with five minutes remaining helped Leeds secure their 14th Challenge Cup title.
2. Overall, how many points have the Rhinos scored in this year's Cup competition?
Throughout the three Cup games the Rhinos have played this season, Leeds have recorded 91 points. All together, the men in blue and amber have crossed the tryline 15 times, kicked 15 goals and slotted one important drop goal on their way to lifting the Cup.
3. How many tries has Tom Briscoe scored in the all the Cup Finals he has appeared in?
Briscoe's try in this year's Final was the winger's seventh overall try. Having played in five Challenge Cup Finals for Leeds and Hull FC, the winger notably scored five times against Hull KR in 2015 and also crossed for the opening try of the 2014 Final against Castleford Tigers before crossing the whitewash once again in 2020.
4. Including the 2020 Final, how many Leeds players have won the Lance Todd Trophy?
Richie Myler's stand out performance in this year's Final saw the Rhinos full back become the eighth Leeds player to win the Lance Todd Man of the Match Trophy. Jeff Stevenson, Steve Pitchford, Leroy Rivett, Gary Connolly, Kevin Sinfield, Ryan Hall and Tom Briscoe have previously won the award.
5. Who scored their first Leeds try against Hull KR in the quarter finals?
In the 48-18 win at the Totally Wicked Stadium, hooker Kruise Leeming opened his try scoring account for the Rhinos with two tries. Burrowing over from short range for his first, Leeming connected up with Richie Myler on the break to score his second try and secure Leeds' place in the semi finals.
6. How many times had Leeds met Salford in the Cup prior to the 2020 Final?
Before their meeting in this year's Final, Leeds and Salford had met each other 11 times previously in the Challenge Cup. First meeting in the quarter finals of the 1907 competition, which Salford won 12-3, Leeds bounced back to win eight of the next ten meetings, including a 16-10 result on their way to the 2012 Final.
7. When was the last time Leeds and Wigan met in the semi finals of the Challenge Cup?
Played at Huddersfield's John Smith's Stadium, Leeds and Wigan's 2012 Challenge Cup semi final was a classic. Having met in the Final the year before, the Rhinos took revenge with a 39-2 result as Ryan Hall, Ben Jones-Bishop and Zak Hardaker all scored twice and Ryan Bailey also got on the scoresheet.
8. Who beat Rhyse Martin in points scored in this year's Challenge Cup?
Martin finished behind Rochdale's Sam Freeman with the second highest points tally in this year's Cup competition. Freeman led the way with 44 points whilst the Leeds back rower finished on 38 (two tries and 15 goals).
9. How many of Leeds' squad made their first Challenge Cup Final appearance this year?
Eleven Rhinos players made their debut Challenge Cup Final appearance in 2020. Leeds' starting forwards Ava Seumanufagai, Kruise Leeming, Mik Oledzki, Alex Mellor, Rhyse Martin and Matt Prior were all playing in the Wembley final for the first time while Konrad Hurrell, Ash Handley, Rob Lui, Luke Gale and Alex Sutcliffe were also playing their first Challenge Cup Final.
10. On aggregate, how many people have tuned in to watch all of this year's Cup games?
With an aggregate of almost six million viewers, the 2020 Coral Challenge Cup competition attracted the highest aggregate TV audience for five years, despite there being two fewer televised games due to the competition having to be restructured.