Rhinos Netball recruiting for a COVID-19 Officer
Become a COVID-19 Officer and enable your Netball organisation to #RiseAgain
To support the safe return of community sport, the Government has mandated that any organisation delivering physical activity must appoint a COVID-19 lead. Every netball team, club, league, County, Region across the country is now required to recruit a COVID-19 Officer to lead their return back to court.
Prior to activity convening, netball organisations are mandated by Government to develop a Club Management Plan including undertaking a risk assessment that includes COVID-19 risk mitigation. The COVID-19 Officer is responsible for leading the development of the plan and monitoring how compliance is being observed within their netball organisation. The COVID-19 Officer is also responsible for ensuring all relevant guidance is communicated across their organisation.
England Netball will be supporting COVID-19 Officers every step of the way and will provide training, guidance and templates including stage relevant COVID-19 considered risk assessments for self-completion and a Club Management Plan.
A COVID-19 Officer will;
- Be registered on Engage.
- Be aware of the latest England Netball guidance.
- Complete free training.
- Ensure liaison with relevant venue/s to understand any facility specific risk mitigation protocols.
- Lead the completion of the COVID-19 considered risk assessment.
- Liaise with the committee, coaches and officials on risk mitigation protocols.
- Create a Club Management Plan.
- Lead pre-activity risk mitigation briefings for all members.
- Ensure attendees are reminded of COVID-19 symptom checking protocols prior to any activity taking place.
- Ensure risk mitigation protocols including social distancing are being adhered to.
- Ensure registers of attendance are maintained and stored for 21 days, in line with your GDPR policy.
- Ensure any positive cases of COVID-19 are reported.
- Continue to review the risk assessment and communicate any areas that require further risk mitigation.
The qualities we are looking for in a COVID-19 Officer
- Interest in, and time to support netball return safely.
- Organised with administration and planning.
- Good communication skills.
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to have honest and challenging conversations where safety is the priority.
- Ability to use internet and technology.
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- Minimum of an EN supporting membership*.
Want to express your interest?
Contact your Club, League, County or Region Committee to express your interest.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds, ages**, cultures, faiths and abilities. We are flexible and will do what we can to ensure volunteering can fit around busy lifestyles. Please note this is a volunteer role and this role description does not form part of any contract of employment.
All individuals volunteering need to hold a minimum level of EN supporting membership (if not already a member) here’s more info about become a supporting member
**Individuals must be a minimum of 18 years