Quiz of the Season: Internationals
From trophy triumphs to significant landmarks, we are continuing to test how well you’ve been following the Rhinos throughout 2019 and next up is the players that have represented their countries on the international stage.
This year has seen a multitude of international matches and competitions take place, including the Downer Rugby League Nines tournament in Sydney, the Great Britain Rugby League Lions tour of New Zealand and Papua New Guinea, England Women’s tour of Papua New Guinea, England Knights’ clash against Jamaica at Emerald Headingley and many more.
See how well you’ve followed our international players here:
1. How many tries did Ash Handley score against France in the Downer World Cup 9s?
Starting against France in England's third game at the tournament, Handley crossed twice to help England to a 38-4 win. England would top Pool B but lost to New Zealand in the semi finals.
2. Which Rhinos player was named in the Women's Downer World Cup 9s Team of the Tournament?
Caitlin Beevers was one of two England players to be named in the Women's Downer World Cup 9s team of the tournament, scoring one try. The Rhinos full back was named alongside Castleford Tigers forward Rhiannion Marshall in the nine player squad.
3. How many points did Iwan Stephens score against Wales for England Academy
After a successful first season in the Rhinos Academy, Iwan Stephens capped off his season with a try and six goals in England Academy's 62-0 win over Wales. The full back was named alongside Rian Rowley, Joe Burton, Corey Hall and Liam Tindall, who scored twice in the match.
4. Konrad Hurrell helped Tonga to a historic win over Australia but what was the score?
Played at Eden Park in Auckland, Tonga shocked Australia 16-12, thanks to tries from Michael Jennings, Will Hopoate and Tevita Pangai Junior. Hurrell made 95 metres in the game; second only to his wing partner Daniel Tupou in the starting back line.
5. How many England Academy players stepped up to the England Knights in 2019?
Leeds' Harry Newman was joined by Wigan's Harry Smith and Morgan Smithies in the England Knights squad that faced Jamaica at Emerald Headingley. All three players were involved in England Academy's historic series win over Australian Schoolboys in 2018 and made the step up to Paul Anderson's squad this year.
6. How many goals did Rhyse Martin kick for Papua New Guinea throughout 2019?
Throughout 2019, Rhyse Martin slotted a total of eight goals for the Kumuls. His only miss came against Great Britain at Port Moresby.
7. Adam Cuthbertson was announced as assistant coach for England Women this year, but where did the national side tour?
England Women, coached by St Helens' Craig Richards and Cuthbertson, played two tour matches in Papua New Guinea. Despite losing the first match 20-16, the tourists bounced back to claim a 24-10 win in Port Moresby and draw the series.
8. Which of Leeds' 2019 academy signings scored in the England v Wales youth match in August?
England's Coby Nichol and Tom Nicholson-Watton and Wales' Ben Mayhew all scored in the clash between England and Wales at Llanelli’s Stebonheath Park. Nichol and Nicholson-Watton were part of a five-player cohort from the Rhinos that played for England, with Luca Atkinson, Sam Little and Ollie Field also receiving call ups, while Mayhew was Leeds' only representative in the Welsh side.
9. Which international team did Papua New Guinean prop Wellington Albert play the most minutes against in 2019?
Albert played the most minutes against Fiji at Christchurch Stadium. After missing out against Samoa in June, the prop played in both games for the Kumuls during November, playing 48 minutes in the 22-20 defeat to Fiji and 46 minutes in the 28-10 win over Great Britain.
10. How many people attended the England Knights v Jamaica game at Emerald Headingley in October?
Over 7,000 people attended Emerald Headingley to see England Knights beat Jamaica 38-6. Leeds' Mikolaj Oledzki, Harry Newman, Cameron Smith and new recruit Kruise Leeming ran out in front of a home crowd.