Job Opportunity with Leeds Rhinos Foundation
A new opportunity has arisen for a full time Armley/Farnley Schools Locality Co-ordinator to join Leeds Rhinos Foundation.
|Job Title||Armley / Farnley Locality Co-ordinator and West Cluster Calendar Lead|
|Location||Leeds Rugby Academy, Clarence Fields, Bridge Road, Kirkstall, Leeds, LS5 3BW Various schools across Armley/ Farnley|
|Hours of work||Full time, 40 per week|
|Responsibility to||Head of Community and Engagement/ West Sports Partnership Steering Group|
|Contractual Status||Annual (1 year fixed)|
|Strategic Aims LRF/ Active Schools||Armley / Farnley cluster aims to promote and develop through collaboration and partnership, a sustainable system for Physical Activity, PE and Sport that enriches the lives of all children and young people. The collaboration delivers a range of outcomes under three principles of Sport/ Physical Activity, Health and Education. Sport and Physical Activity will be used to deliver important lifestyle messages to inspire others to make positive changes to their own lives. The benefits of this excellent physical activity, physical education and sport programme will impact on children’s attainment, emotional and social skills.|
|Purpose of the role||The Co-ordinator will offer support and guidance to a group of local schools and their Subject Leaders. The staff member is responsible for the implementation and delivery of a bespoke inclusive offer for Physical Activity, PE and Sport that is needs led and will enable schools to embed National initiatives at a local level. The role will report to LRF Head of Community and Engagement and West Sports Partnership steering group whilst building and maintaining a strong working relationship with key personal within their schools as their one point of contact. The role will also include leading on the wider West Schools Sports Partnership Calendar. Hosting a variety of events and updating the website on a regular basis. The role will include working in close collaboration with the West SGO.|
|Key Responsibilities||Co-ordinate and administer the agreed local programme for Physical Activity, PE and Sport to include: |
– Implement and deliver a calendar of support and events with all primary schools.
– Liaise with high school PE departments for accessing facilities and young leaders to support cluster events.
– Work with key partners to lead Competitions, Events and Festivals Promote High Quality PE
– Identification of talent and signpost to various Intervention Programmes
– Out of School Hours Learning Programmes
– Leadership Programmes
– Elements of CPD/ Good Practice
– Club/ Community links and Pathways
– Co-ordinate links to Leeds Rhinos Foundation resources and opportunities.
– Advise and support on indoor and outdoor environments.
The staff member will monitor and evaluate the impact of their work, always manage their workload effectively and ensure safeguarding through adhering to individual school/ partner policies.
|Additional Responsibilities||– Attend relevant meetings|
– Attend relevant CPDAttend school/ LRF and Active Schools Events as and when necessary
– Update Outlook calendar on a weekly basis
– Update UPSHOT and other relevant data collection tools.
– Knowledge and understanding of Pupil and Sport Premium
|Skills and Qualities Required||– Deliver high quality physical activity/ physical education and sport|
– Influence and facilitate change
– Have the knowledge and understanding of how data can be used to improve outcomes
– Work independently and as part of team, developing a collaborative way of working.
– Understand equality and diversity
– Have excellent inter-personal skills
– Communicate effectively
– Challenge, motivate, engage and sustain the interest of others.
– Be a competent user of IT
– Understand local funding streams
– Promote partner values
– Know and understand Local, Regional and National strategies.
– Commitment to personal CPD.
|Qualifications/ Experience Required||– An appropriate degree is preferred but not essential.|
– Recognised National Governing Body Level 2 coaching qualification.
– Safeguarding, First Aid, Enhanced DBS.
– A driving licence and access to a vehicle.
To apply email a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date Wednesday 11th December