Quiz of the Season: Physical Disability Rugby League
From trophy triumphs to significant landmarks, we are continuing to test how well you’ve been following the Rhinos throughout 2019 and next up is the success of the Leeds Rhinos Wheelchair, Physical Disability and Learning Disability rugby league sides.
With cup success and memorable occasions throughout this last year, test yourself by taking our latest quiz:
1. Out of eleven league games, how many did the Leeds Rhinos Physical Disability Rugby League side win in 2019?
Out of eleven league fixtures, the Physical Disability Rugby League side won seven of them, the biggest coming against Wigan both home and away with a 34-6 victory.
2. Where did the Leeds Rhinos Learning Disability Rugby League side make their debut?
During the Dacia Magic Weekend at Anfield, the Leeds Rhinos Learning Disability Rugby League team made their first appearance to launch the Community Integrated Care Learning Disability Super League.
3. Which trophies did Leeds Rhinos Wheelchair win in 2019?
After winning their first Premier trophy title in 2018, Leeds Rhinos Wheelchair grabbed two more pieces of silverware this year, beating Kent’s Argonaut Skeleton Army 74-46 to win the Challenge Cup before edging Halifax by two league points to claim the League Leaders' Shield.
4. Who finished as top try scorer for the Rhinos Physical Disability Rugby League in the league this season?
Scott Gobin scored nine tries throughout this season; the most out of any Leeds PDRL player. Chris Young and Tom Lockett finished in joint second with five tries.
5. What was the highest score recorded by Leeds Rhinos Wheelchair in 2019?
The Rhinos made an explosive start to the Wheelchair Super League season, beating North Wales Crusaders 154-24 at Morley Leisure Centre. James Simpson's side would go on to win nine out of their ten regular season fixtures.
6. Who did the Rhinos Physical Disability Rugby League side face at the Dacia Magic Weekend this year?
At Anfield, the Rhinos came away with an 8-0 victory against Warrington Wolves. Lifelong Liverpool fan Chris Young scored a spectacular try in front of the Anfield Road End before Tom Pouncey secured a memorable win.
7. How many Rhinos Wheelchair players helped England beat France 31-25?
James Simpson, Nathan Collins, Jodie Boyd-Ward, Tom Halliwell and Ryan Richardson helped England make history by inflicting a first home defeat on World Champions France in Apt. Nathan Collins and Tom Halliwell scored tries in the win, with Collins also adding two goals and two drop goals.
8. Who were the only two Physical Disability Rugby League sides to beat the Rhinos throughout 2019?
Warrington Wolves and Wakefield Trinity were the only sides to beat the Rhinos twice throughout this season
9. How many points did Nathan Collins score in England's first Australian tour match this year?
18-year-old Collins helped England to a 62-12 win over North Queensland in their first tour match of the 2019 Australian tour, scoring two tries and converting six goals. He went on to score 14 tries and convert 26 goals as England beat Queensland, New South Wales and Australia twice to win the series 5-0.
10. How many different variations of rugby league took place at the Grand Day Out in Blackpool this year?
Six different variations of rugby league took place at the Grand Day Out in September, making it the sport's biggest ever variants festival. Alongside Wheelchair, Physical Disability and Learning Disability tournaments, which the Rhinos competed in, there was also Eurotag, Masters and Touch rugby competitions throughout the day.