Quiz of the Season – Under 19s
From trophy triumphs to significant landmarks, we are continuing to test how well you’ve been following the Rhinos throughout 2019 and next up is the next generation; the Under-19s.
Led by Rob Burrow, the under-19s have shown that there is a bright future coming through the club’s Academy, producing top performances on and off the field and seeing some players earn call ups into the first team.
See how well you’ve followed the next generation here:
1. Who did the Under 19s face in round one of the 2019 season?
Rob Burrow's side beat Wakefield Trinity 56-12 at Stanningley to open the season. Owen Trout, Liam Whitton and Jack Broadbent all scored twice, whilst Callum McLelland and Liam Tindall touched down on their debuts.
2. Which club did Sam Walters and Jarrod O'Connor join the Rhinos from?
Walters and O'Connor joined the Rhinos from Widnes Vikings at the end of March. England Academy international Walters won Academy Player of the Year at the end of the season, with nine tries in 15 appearances, whilst O'Connor finished the season with 20 appearances and three tries.
3. How many Under-19s games were played at Emerald Headingley in 2019?
Wigan Warriors, St Helens and Widnes Vikings all took on Rob Burrow's side at Emerald Headingley.
4. Who scored the match winning try against Wigan Warriors at Emerald Headingley?
With six minutes left, Jack Broadbent intercepted a pass out wide to run 85 metres and win the game 18-16 for Leeds.
5. How many combined appearances did Joe and Oli Burton make in 2019?
The Burton twins made 32 appearances throughout the season. 15 of Oli's 18 total appearances came off the bench whilst Joe made 12 starts, scoring four tries.
6. Iwan Stephens finished the season as the Under-19s top try scorer but who finished second?
Liam Whitton (17 tries) pushed Stephens (21 tries) throughout the season, notably scoring a hat trick in the 44-26 home win over Bradford Bulls. Walters and Markland both scored nine.
7. How many Under-19s players debuted for the first team this season?
Four players (Muizz Mustapha, Owen Trout, Callum McLelland and Corey Johnson) made their debuts for the first team in 2019.
8. How many different players commentated on the Under-19s live streams?
Thirteen different players took to the microphones in 2019, providing commentary for the live streams on YouTube and Facebook.
9. How many goals did Harvey Spence convert throughout the season?
Out of 111 attempts, Spence converted 85 of them. His overall points tally of 178 accounted for 22% of the Rhinos' overall points tally in 2019.
10. How many combined views has the Under-19s live streams had on Facebook and YouTube?
Over 136,000 people have viewed Rob Burrow's side this season via the YouTube or Facebook live streams. Nine home games have been successfully broadcast from Stanningley and Emerald Headingley, with the clash against Warrington Wolves drawing the most views (4336).