Quiz of the Season – Leeds Rhinos Women
From trophy triumphs to significant landmarks, over the next few weeks we will be testing how well you’ve been following the Rhinos throughout 2019, starting with Leeds Rhinos Women.
Adam Cuthbertson’s side have provided some remarkable tries and made some memorable moments in 2019, as well as completing the domestic double of the Betfred Women’s Super League Grand Final and Coral Women’s Challenge Cup.
From opening the season against Wakefield to Grand Final glory against Castleford, test your knowledge of the the Rhinos Womens’ 2019 season:
1. How many players debuted for the Rhinos Women in 2019?
Eleven new players made their first appearances in the Rhinos jersey in 2019. Alongside Tasha Gaines, who missed the 2018 season through injury, five players joined from either the pre season trials or other clubs and five more also progressed through the Women's Academy.
2. Who did Courtney Hill beat to become The Telegraph's Woman of Steel?
Nominated alongside Castleford's Kelsey Gentles and St Helens' Emily Rudge, Hill became only the second winner of the trophy at the Betfred Super League Awards in Salford.
3. Who did 16-year-old winger Fran Goldthorp score her first try against?
Despite debuting against Castleford Tigers at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle, Goldthorp scored her first try a week later in the 12-4 win against Wigan Warriors.
4. How many of Leeds' Grand Final squad progressed through the academy?
Eight of Adam Cuthbertson's Grand Final match day squad have progressed through the club's academy and into the first team. Player of the match Fran Goldthorp, try scorer Elle Frain, England full back Caitlin Beevers, Sophie Nuttall, Chloe Kerrigan, Ellie Oldroyd, Keara Bennett and Paige Webster all started in the under 19s academy and have been brought into the first team over the last two years.
5. How many tries did Abby Eatock score for Leeds this season?
Joining the Rhinos from the Army's Rugby League team, Abby Eatock has scored seven times, including a hat trick against Wakefield Trinity and the Rhinos' opening try in the Grand Final.
6. Who scored the first hat trick of the Women's Super League season for the Rhinos?
Elle Frain was the first to score three tries in the league, coming off the bench against Featherstone Rovers in round two.
7. Who didn't missed a game for the Rhinos in 2019?
Chloe Kerrigan is the only player to feature (and start) in every match this season. She hasn't missed a game since debuting against Wigan in the Challenge Cup last season.
8. How many points did Leeds score in the league this season?
87 tries and 50 goals have been scored by the Rhinos in the league in 2019, giving a total of 448 points. Kicker and on-field captain Courtney Hill has accounted for nearly 25% of them with 31 goals and 12 tries.
9. How many combined views have the Women's live streams had on YouTube and Facebook?
Over 128,000 people have tuned in over the course of the season to watch the Leeds Rhinos Women's home games. The end of season clash with Wigan has the most veiws on YouTube whilst the season opener against Wakefield Trinity has the most on Facebook.
10. On what minute did Courtney Hill score the winning try in the Coral Women's Challenge Cup final?
The Leeds half back took an offload from Dannielle Anderson to score the winning try on the 59th minute. Along with first half tries from Fran Goldthorp and Caitlin Beevers, Leeds saw out the remaining 21 minutes to retain the Cup with a 16-10 victory over Castleford Tigers.