Women’s Team News: Laverick returns for York clash
Following their Women’s Challenge Cup win, Leeds Rhinos Women return to Super League action this Sunday against York City Knights at Sports Park Weetwood, kick off 1pm.
Madison Laverick will make her comeback after picking up an injury in pre-season. Laverick was promoted to the first team this season after emerging from the Academy to make a big impression in 14 appearances last season. She featured in the Academy’s game against Bradford earlier this week.
Challenge Cup try scorers Caitlin Beevers, Courtney Hill and Fran Goldthorp have all been named in the squad. Shannon Lacey misses out after picking up an injury in the Final. Ness Harriman and Evie Jackson also come into the squad after just missing out on selection for the final.
The Rhinos defeated the Knights 50-0 in the league earlier in the season and also earned a 70-0 win in Cup. The Knights have had a tough season in the competition, having scored just 16 points in six games and are still looking for their first win of the campaign.
The squad in full is:
1. Caitlin Beevers (Sponsored by SYSTECH IT SOLUTIONS)
3. Sophie Robinson (Sponsored by AC AUTO LOCKSMITHS)
4. Char Booth (Sponsored by YF FURNITURE)
5. Madison Laverick (Sponsored by SMR Architects)
6. Hanna Butcher (Sponsored by MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE TEAM)
7. Courtney Hill (Sponsored by YES WASTE)
8. Danika Priim (Sponsored by Booth Installations)
10. Dannielle Anderson (Sponsored by Age Partnership)
11. Aimee Staveley (Sponsored by UNSHAKEABLE SALT)
13. Amy Johnson (Sponsored by Eric Johnson of Northwich Ltd)
14. Tasha Gaines (Sponsored by UNSHAKEABLE SALT)
15. Sophie Nuttall (Sponsored by AC AUTO LOCKSMITHS)
16. Chloe Kerrigan (Sponsored by U.S.S UNDERWOOD SECURITY SOLUTIONS)
19. Elle Frain (Sponsored by RIVA HOMES)
22. Ellie Oldroyd (Sponsored by LEEDS TRINITY UNIVERSITY)
23. Evie Jackson
24. Fran Goldthorp (Sponsored by Pickup Services)
26. Ness Harriman
27. Keara Bennett (Sponsored by Leeds Rhinos Players Association)
Gates Open – 11am
Ticket Prices – Minimum suggested donation of £5 for adults and concessions (senior citizens 65 & over and students) / FREE for Juniors aged 16 & under. Cash only on match day – tickets are not pre-sold.
Programmes – Team sheets will be handed out for free on arrival
Viewing areas – Standing around the pitch with a small seated stand which will be unreserved.
Parking – Limited, first come, first served. There is no charge to park. If there is no parking available at the venue, then fans must park in surrounding residential areas. Do not park at Weetwood Hall Hotel or on the grass verges on the ring road and respect the neighbours surrounding the venue. Limited Disabled Parking will be available onsite.
Food and Drink – There is a café onsite for fans to purchase food and drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). Fans cannot bring their own alcohol.
Dogs – Dogs are not allowed at the venue with exception of Guide Dogs.