Job opportunity: Leeds Rhinos Lead Physiotherapist
Organisation & Job Title
Leeds Rhinos Rugby League Club Lead Physiotherapist
Dependent upon experience & competitive for Super league Rugby League
Leeds Rugby Academy Training Ground, Kirkstall, Leeds
Permanent (Full time: Includes weekend/bank holiday work)
26th August 2018
W/C 3rd September 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Physiotherapist to join the medical department as Lead Physiotherapist at Leeds Rhinos RL. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Medical Services, First Team Coach and Director of Rugby. The department also consists of 1 Senior Physiotherapist, 1 Academy Physiotherapist, 2 sports massage/rehabilitators and 3 doctors providing daily cover.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication, interpersonal and managerial skills to represent the department in MDT situations. Clinically the candidate must exhibit excellent knowledge of current evidence-based practice, have a thorough understanding of upper, lower and spinal pathologies.
They must demonstrate a confident ability to diagnose, treat and rehabilitate injuries within an appropriate time-frame, with a prognosis in line with those of sporting demands and concurrent training. Where necessary the Lead Physiotherapist must support the senior and academy physiotherapists in their ability to provide the same pathway of care, facilitating their development as independent clinicians.
The duties consist of but are not exclusive to the following:
• Assessment, diagnosis and rehabilitation of all senior squad players.
- Screening of short and long-term injury predispositions.
• Design and implement management plans for injured players.
• Provide pitch-side trauma cover for training and 1st team friendly, league and cup matches.
• Appropriate record keeping in line with medico-legal requirements and those of regulatory bodies.
• General house-keeping and maintenance of the department.
- Be the main point of liaison within the MDT.
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Strength & Conditioning (S&C) team regarding training schedules, workload, and programmes both on field and gymnasium based.
• Have a frank and transparent pathway of communication with the head of medical services, head coach and director of rugby.
- Take an active role in maintenance of standards and criteria set within the RFL audit
- Take an active role in development of all staff within the department inclusive of 1st team and academy. One session (1/2 day a week designated to liaison with the academy)
- Maintain and drive the standards of discipline, respect and professional behaviour within the department.
- Chartered Physiotherapist with registration to the HCPC
- Minimum of 6years post graduate experience.
- Knowledge of S&C principles.
- Ability to lead a team of physiotherapists.
- Minimum 4years experience in rugby, or elite full-time sport environment.
- Qualification in RFL IMMOFP or RFU PHICIS.
- MSc or other equivalent post-graduate qualification.
To apply, please send your covering letter and full CV and with Current Remuneration by email to [email protected], Human Resources.