Job Opportunity with Leeds Rhinos Foundation
Leeds Rhinos Foundation aim to deliver projects in the heart of the community by harnessing the power of sport to make a lasting, positive impact on individuals’ lives.
The Leeds Rhinos Foundation delivers a range of projects under three principles of Sport, Health and Education. Sport is an engaging tool that allows our staff to work with a whole range of individuals, delivering important lifestyle messages to inspire others to make positive changes to their own lives.
A Leeds Rhinos Foundation partner school officer will service a maximum of 10 local primary schools over the full school year. The officer is responsible for the coordination of the programme, delivery of activities and promotion of specific Leeds Rhinos products.
The officer will report to Leeds Rhinos Foundation whilst building and maintaining a strong working relationship with key personal within their cluster schools. In addition, the officer will ensure that all sessions are delivered to a high standard, providing teaching resource and lesson plans if required.
- Manage a maximum of ten Primary Schools liaising with the headteacher and PE coordinator at each School.
- Coordinate the delivery plan with the schools – On-going throughout the year.
- Ensure schools receive the menu of activities and deliver the agreed activities (Minimum of 48 hours per School inc Breakfast club, Multi Skills, Lunch Time buddy, After School clubs).
- Arrange meetings with Cluster Primary Schools/PE Coordinators – Responsible for organising the meetings before summer holidays.
- Deliver age and stage appropriate activities at KS1 and KS2 and have an awareness of the national curriculum.
- Deliver assemblies linked to SEALs or Leeds Rhinos Foundation assemblies. (Min of 3 assemblies delivered per year).
- Link activities into festivals/competitions – Be aware of the active school offer or other activities and promote inter-school games (multi-sport).
- Have an awareness of local funding and other opportunities – Local funding to be sourced through local area committee/transition money.
- Be responsive to the schools needs/Rhinos needs – Build positive relationships by being flexible and passionate about your work.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, which will be based at Leeds Rugby Foundation, Leeds Rugby Academy, Bridge Road, Clarence Fields, Kirkstall, Leeds, LS5 3BW, with a requirement to work match days which may fall on weekends or evenings. The salary for the role is dependent on your skills, experience and current qualifications.
The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to a DBS check and references. To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Sarah Tate at [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 19th February 2016.