10 Great Things At Leeds v Salford Family Day
Easter Monday is family day at Emerald Headingley Stadium, with Leeds Rhinos facing Salford Red Devils at 3pm and loads of free family entertainment to enjoy around the ground ahead of kick off.
With so many Rhinos fans in the West Terrace this year, we’re bringing the entertainment to you, with loads of new activities on Amber Avenue – the stretch from Kirkstall Lane turnstiles to the West Terrace and North Stand (under the cricket stand). Fans can buy standing tickets for the Easter Monday fixture in the West Terrace for the best chance to experience Amber Avenue!
We’ve also got activities for Rhinos fans in Blue Square – the area by the Headingley Lodge and Club Shop at the St Michael’s Lane turnstiles, so there’s something for everyone! Turnstiles open at 12.30pm on game day.
Here’s 10 great things you won’t want to miss on Easter Monday:
1. GAME – The leading video game retailer will be bringing awesome gaming activities for fans to enjoy for free on Amber Avenue. Think PlayStation VR, Nintendo Switch and X Box!
2. York Bird of Prey Centre – Visit the bird of prey display on Amber Avenue to see barn owls, eagle owls, harris hawks and white faced scops and learn all about the birds.
3. Meet-A-Creature – We’ve got an awesome display of animals and creepy-crawlies for fans to get up close and personal with on Amber Avenue. From petting zoo animals like snakes, guinea pigs, rabbits and geckos, to frogs, tarantulas and giant millipedes and stick insects!
4. Bare Brass Band – Yorkshire’s hottest New Orleans inspired brass band will be bringing the party to Emerald Headingley! Bare Brass Band will be entertaining fans with a live music performance on Amber Avenue pre match, before taking to the pitch for a live performance ahead of kick off.
5. Hope Pastures – The local animal sanctuary rescues, rehabilitates and re-homes horses, ponies and donkeys, and will be bringing animals to the game for fans to meet and learn all about how they are looked after. Look out for the enclosure on Amber Avenue.
6. Face Painting & Balloon Modelling – Get your Rhinos colours painted with pride from our free face painters on Amber Avenue, and see what crazy and colourful balloon models our twisters can make for you!
7. Members Wall – We’re celebrating our 2018 Members with a new wall on display for fans to check out on Easter Monday. The wall features the names of all 2018 Gold, Silver & Supporter Members. Find the wall by the Carnegie Café Bar on match day and see if you can pick out your name!
8. Sports Zone – In Blue Square, fans can put their rugby skills to the test on the Leeds Rhinos Foundation skill zone and join the Leeds Rhinos Netball team to practice shooting, passing and netball skills.
9. Junior Takeover Day – We’re letting kids take charge on match day and have selected a number of young Rhinos fans to shadow backroom staff and help run match day! Look out for our mini Chief Executive, Media Manager, Ground Staff, Head of Customer Experience and Referee, and listen out for our mini PA Announcer.
10. Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils of course! – The Rhinos take on the Devils in the Betfred Super League with the game kicking off at 3pm. Leeds will be looking to secure a win on home turf at Emerald Headingley Stadium whilst the Devils will be looking to get another win under their belt this season.
Tickets for the family day fixture are available to buy now, with prices in the West Terrace just £10 for juniors (16 & under), £13 for concessions (seniors 65 & over, students and under 21s) and £20 for adults if you buy before midnight on Sunday 1st April.
Buy online at tickets.therhinos.co.uk, over the phone on 0371 423 1315 or buy in person at the Club Shop at Emerald Headingley Stadium.
Advance prices valid until midnight the day before the game and prices increase by £2 on match day.