DFP – Head Script

Leeds Rhinos

2017 Super League Champions

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Season So Far

Match Page - Overview - Season So Far (Team Stats)

Match Page - Overview - Season So Far (Player Statistics)

Tournament Record

Match Page - Overview - Tournament Record - Team A

Match Page - Overview - Tournament Record - Team B

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Hull FC v Leeds Rhinos Saturday 17th April, 2.30pm

11th April 2010

By Leeds Rhinos

Hull FC hope to have Danny Tickle and Sean Long back from injury as they bid to atone for last Sunday’s 46-30 Super League defeat to Leeds at Headingley Carnegie.

But three-time Lance Todd Trophy winner Long must undergo a late fitness test.

WP – In Article MPU

Shaun Berrigan, who broke his collar bone against Leeds last weekend, and Mike Burnett both miss out, while Richard Horne may return.

Rhinos coach Brian McClennan has the rare luxury of naming the same 19-man squad for the third week running.

But, for all their dominance in Super League over the past three seasons, Leeds have not won the cup since 1999 when they hammered London Broncos 52-16 at Wembley.

Since then they have been beaten finalists three times. And, in this repeat of the memorably tense 2005 final, they are aware of their need to improve that record against a Hull side who beat them 25-24 that day at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. 

The game marks 100 years since Leeds’ first ever success in the competition back in 1910 when Leeds beat Hull in a replayed Final.

Hull FC: T Briscoe, Dowes, Cusack, Fitzgibbon, Hall, Horne, Houghton, Lauaki, Long, Manu, Moa, O’Meley, Radford, Tansey, Tickle, Turner, Washbrook, Whiting, Yeaman.

Leeds Rhinos: Webb, Delaney, Senior, Hall, McGuire, Burrow, Leuluai, Buderus, Jones-Buchanan, Lauitiiti, Sinfield, Diskin, Bailey, Kirke, Ablett, Ambler, Bush, Smith, Burgess. 

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information


Match Page - Lineups - Grouped View

Match Page - Lineups - Pitch View

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Live coverage all in one place

Live blog is currently unavailable for this match or the match has finished.

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Hull FC 24 Leeds Rhinos 48

17th April 2010

By Leeds Rhinos

Four tries from Ryan Hall booked the Rhinos place in the Fifth Round of the Carnegie Challenge Cup as the Rhinos beat Hull FC 48-24 at the KC Stadium.

Leeds Rhinos welcomed back England captain Jamie Peacock to their side for the trip to KC Stadium to face Hull FC in the Carnegie Challenge Cup after the late withdrawal of Ali Lauitiiti.

WP – Home MPU

Peacock had initially been ruled out on Thursday for the game however when Lauitiiti suffered a muscle strain in final training, Peacock was reassessed and passed a fitness test on the morning of the game to be included.

Hull FC welcomed back the trio of Craig Fitzgibbon, Danny Tickle and Richard Horne after all three missed the previous weeks 46-30 loss at Headingley Carnegie however three times Lance Todd winner Sean Long was ruled out. Danny Houghton was drafted in at hooker in place of Shaun Berrigan who suffered shoulder injury six days earlier against the Rhinos.

There was a fifteen minute delay to kick off when referee Steve Ganson tore his hamstring in the pre-match warm up, he was replaced by the original video referee Richard Silverwood. Silverwood’s first real job of the afternoon was to send a decision up to the video referee when Lee Smith tried to get around Jordan Tansey on the outside. The winger appeared initially to do incredibly well to keep his feet off the ground as the stretched for the line however the replay showed his toe make the faintest of touches out of play and the try was chalked off.

Two minutes later Hull took the lead and once again it was Tom Briscoe who did the damage. The young winger scored four tries in defeat at Headingley Carnegie six days earlier but he gave his side the lead at the KC Stadium after seven minutes when he timed his run to perfection to collect Willie Manu’s kick. Danny Tickle missed the conversion attempt by Hull led 4-0.

Leeds did not let their heads drop though and came right back at the home side. Initially Brett Delaney was unlucky not to get a score as he stumbled close to the line however the ball was moved across the width of the pitch and the momentum was maintained. Hall looked get the ball back inside off his wing only to see his pass knocked down by Jordan Tansey into the path of Keith Senior. Senior had the presence of mind to ship the ball on straight away to Carl Ablett and the second row stepped back round the despairing tackle of Tansey to score. Sinfield added the conversion to give his side the lead after 12 minutes.

Sinfield was able to extend his side’s lead five minutes later when Danny McGuire was taken out off the ball 30 metres from the Hull FC line. He elected to kick for goal and made it 8-4.

Leeds were growing in confidence and seemed to have the measure of the home side however when Carl Ablett went to intercept Briscoe’s inside pass he lost control of it under pressure from Tansey, and the former Rhino picked up the loose ball and went over for his side’s second try after 20 minutes. Danny Tickle added the conversion to make it 10-8.

Once again the Rhinos responded almost straight away with a try four minutes later. Once again Ablett was at the heart of it as he bumped off three would be tacklers before bursting through and passing to Brent Webb to score. Sinfield added the conversion to give his side a four point lead again.

In a similar fashion to the previous meeting in the league a week earlier, the Rhinos then pushed home their advantage with three quick fire tries. The first came from a Rob Burrow cross field kick that Tom Briscoe could only knock down into the path of Delaney as he competed with Smith in the air. The ball was moved back in field and Ian Kirke shoved Tansey out of the way to touch down.  The next was from a mix up between Jordan Tansey and Craig Hall that saw the ball spilled 15 metres from the Hull line. Burrow was quickest to react and flicked the pass to Senior who immediately released Ryan Hall to score in the corner after 33 minutes.

The Rhinos completed a brilliant end to the first half with the pick of the bunch in the final minute. Brent Webb threw a pass over his head as he headed for the touchline into the arms of Keith Senior. He cut back across in field before finding Ablett, who came on an alternative line of running before passing to Burrow. The scrum half ducked under two would be tackles before passing to Webb who put Hall away to score his second try. Sinfield converted the first and last of the trio of tries to give his side a 30-10 lead at half time.

Hull came out determined to make in roads on the Rhinos lead at the start of the second half however it took some great defence from the Rhinos to deny them as they spend four minutes camped on the visitors line. However, having seen off the challenge, Leeds went straight down field and scored the first try of the half. Danny McGuire and Rob Burrow were at the heart of it before a wide pass to Hall gave the winger time and space to go over for his hat trick. Sinfield added a touchline conversion to make it 36-10 after 44 minutes.

Hull got a try back through Richard Whiting however the Rhinos saw off any chance of a fightback when Webb collected a well flighted kick from Burrow to touch down his second try of the game. Sinfield added the conversion to make it 42-14 after 60 minutes.

The introduction of Epalahame Lauaki added an unpleasant edge to the game and having already had a pop at Brent Webb and got away with it he decided to throw a punch at the smallest man of the pitch after 64 minutes. Rob Burrow did not take a backwards step and defended himself only to find himself in the sin bin and the Hull prop remained on the field.

Hull took advantage of the numerical advantage to go over for a try through Jordan Turner two minutes later. Fitzgibbon adding the conversion to make it 42-20.

The Airlie Birds had staged a late rally at Headingley Carnegie the previous week and now, with a man advantage, they looked to do the same as they poured pressure on the Leeds line however the Rhinos collectively held out. The hard work was rewarded when Whiting’s kick was under cooked and Ryan Hall latched onto the chance and went 90 metres to score his fourth try of the game. Sinfield added the conversion to make it 48-20 after 71 minutes.

Hull got a late consolation try when Richard Whiting crossed in the corner but it was scant consolation and could not prevent the Rhinos taking another step towards Wembley.

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Team Performance

Match Page - Team Performance

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Player Performance

Match pages - Player Performance

In Pictures

DAM Gallery