DFP – Head Script

Leeds Rhinos

2017 Super League Champions

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Season So Far

Match Page - Overview - Season So Far (Team Stats)

Match Page - Overview - Season So Far (Player Statistics)

Tournament Record

Match Page - Overview - Tournament Record - Team A

Match Page - Overview - Tournament Record - Team B

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Hull FC v Leeds Rhinos, Saturday 4th September, kick off 4.30pm

29th August 2010

By Leeds Rhinos

Leeds Rhinos will travel to KC Stadium next Saturday needing to draw or win to secure fourth spot in the Engage Super League table.

The Rugby Football League have today confirmed that the Rhinos final game of the Engage Super League season against Hull FC will now take place on Saturday 4th September, kick off 4.30pm, at KC Stadium.

WP – In Article MPU

The Rhinos beat Hull home and away earlier in this season in the space of a week. The Rhinos won a high scoring game at Headingley Carnegie 46-30 before going to KC Stadium in the Fourth Round of the Carnegie Challenge Cup when four tries from Ryan Hall sealed a 48-24 win.

The coach for the game will now depart at 2pm – tickets that have been purchased are still valid for the fixture and any tickets sold going forward will have the original date.

All the customers who have already purchased tickets will be contacted and if they cannot attend they will be offered a refund or a match exchange. They must return their tickets to the club for this to happen.

We have tickets for the Smith & Nephew North Stand only for this match; they are priced at £19.00 for Adults, £14.00 for Students (with a valid student card) and Senior Citizens (Over 60 years of age) and £10.00 for Juniors. Junior season ticket holders can exchange their away voucher at Headingley Carnegie ticket sales office. Wheelchair and Ambulant disabled tickets can also be purchased from Leeds Rhinos and these are priced at the normal ticket prices stated above and the helper goes for free.

Official coach for this match priced at £15.00 with 5% discount for season ticket holders, bronze members and Rhinos 2000 members, the coach will depart from Car Park F on St Michaels Lane at 2.00pm. To book either tickets or travel please call the ticket office hotline on 0871 423 13 15 (calls are charged at 10pence per minute) or book online at www.therhinos.co.uk/buytickets

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information


Match Page - Lineups - Grouped View

Match Page - Lineups - Pitch View

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Live coverage all in one place

Live blog is currently unavailable for this match or the match has finished.

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Hull FC 14 Leeds Rhinos 18

4th September 2010

By Leeds Rhinos

Two tries from Danny McGuire at the KC Stadium has secured the Rhinos fourth spot in the Engage Super League and a trip to Wigan next Sunday.

Leeds Rhinos travelled to the KC Stadium looking for a repeat of their Cup victory on the same ground earlier in the season to secure a top four finish. The Rhinos needed to get over the disappointment of defeat at Wembley seven days earlier and Brian McClennan brought in fresh troops with Scott Donald and Ali Lauitiiti both returning to the side.

WP – Home MPU

Keith Senior started in the second row with Lee Smith at centre whilst the visitors welcomed back Sean Long. When the two teams met earlier in the season, there was a late change of referee when Steve Ganson was ruled out with a torn hamstring and lightning struck twice ahead of this clash when Phil Bentham was taken ill before kick off and Ian Smith stepped into the breach.

The two teams were met by a tremendous atmosphere at the KC Stadium and both sides looked to attack from the off. Hull broke through first but Danny McGuire create the best chance early on when he broke 60 metres down field before being tackled.

The game took on a nasty tone after 10 minutes when Lee Radford threw a flurry of punches at Ryan Bailey's head as the Leeds prop lay prone on the floor. A bout of pushing and shoving followed with referee Smith left with no option but to red card the former Hull skipper, who let his team down badly and left them playing 70 minutes with just 12 men.

Leeds were controlling the game well and keeping play down in the Hull FC half but they could not find a way through. Eventually they were made to pay after 23 minutes when Tom Briscoe cut in from his wing to wrong foot Scott Donald and Rob Burrow and race over for the opening try.

Things got even worse for the Rhinos after 34 minutes when the home side doubled their advantage. The experienced heads of Sean Long and Craig Fitzgibbon to set up Danny Washbrook, who went through the gap to score with virtually his first touch since coming off the bench. Tickle converted both tries to make it 12-0.

The Rhinos had a chance to cut the deficit with the last play of the half as Brett Delaney broke down the touchline but Hull did well to manage the space and his kick back in field was easily dealt with by the retreating defence.

Leeds knew they needed to start the second half strongly and they did just that. After two penalties on the Hull line, they showed good patience to keep working away at the numerical disadvantage home side. Eventually quick hands created the gap and Scott Donald finished brilliantly in the corner after 44 minutes. Sinfield added the touchline conversion to make it 12-6.

It looked like the Rhinos would then wipe out the lead after 52 minutes when Lee Smith appeared to beat the cover to touch down in the corner. However, television replays showed he lost control for the briefest moment and video referee Thierry Alibert ruled it out.

Leeds were mounting wave after wave of pressure but Hull were working incredibly hard for each other to make up for the extra man. They got their reward after 61 minutes when Leeds were penalised for a high tackle and then marched ten metres back for back chat to put the penalty within range for Craig Fitzgibbon. He made no mistake to with Hull FC's 500th goal at the KC Stadium to give his side a 14-6 lead.

It looked as if the Rhinos hopes were of finishing in the top four were going up in smoke when Sinfield put his kick off out on the full, leaving the Champions with a massive set of six to defend in their own half. They stayed strong before Greg Eastwood calmly collected a through kick and broke up field. The momentum was continued by Burrow and Delaney before McGuire cut back inside and stretched out one handed to score, via the video referee. Sinfield added the conversion to make it 14-12.

That set up a grandstand finish and the Rhinos took the lead for the first time with eleven minutes to go. Lauitiiti caused havoc in the Hull defence carrying the ball one handed and although his offload went to the ground, Buderus was alert and picked up the loose ball to pass to McGuire. He sniffed a try and stepped his way passed two would be tacklers to score between the posts. Sinfield converted to make it 18-14.

Leeds needed a brilliant piece of defence to maintain their lead when Delaney stripped the ball one on one from Yeaman to stop a certain try. Both teams looked exhausted in the final stages but it was the Rhinos who stood up to be counted and held up to book a trip to League Leaders Wigan next Sunday in the first round of the play offs.

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Team Performance

Match Page - Team Performance

Match Pages - Match Information

Match Pages - Match Information

Player Performance

Match pages - Player Performance

In Pictures

DAM Gallery